Saturday, September 7, 2013

Zucchini Burgers

I recently ordered a Vitamix and it came with a huge cookbook! I found a recipe for zucchini burgers and made them last night.

OMG they are AMAZING! 

I changed a few ingredients to our liking. Made about 8 patties.

(I was not thinking to do a post so my pictures are from the finial result and leftovers from todays lunch.) 

Final Result 


Ingredients: 

2 Large Zucchini cut into large chucks (Original recipe calls for 2 pounds.) 
1/2 each Red, Yellow, Orange Sweet Peppers (Optional, my addition.)
1 Large Onion quartered (I did without. Do not need that linger afterwards.)
1 1/2 Cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs or GF Bread Crumbs 
3 Large Eggs (I used egg whites. 3 tablespoons = 1 large egg)
1/2 Cup Shaved Parmesan Cheese (I used Parmigiano-Reggiano & shaved it myself.)
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder (Instead I used 2 teaspoons chopped garlic)  
1 Teaspoon Onion Powder (I did without)
1 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
1 Teaspoon Dried Basil
1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
Ground Pepper to taste (Optional, my addition.)
Oil for cooking

Condiments:

Marzetti Cucumber Dill Yogurt Dip (Optional, my addition.)
Gouda Cheese (Optional, my addition.)
Ciabatta Bread Rolls (Choose any kind of rolls of preference.)

Romaine (Any type of greens you choose.)


Lets Start! 

In a food processor, Vitamix, or blender chop zucchini and peppers (onions also if using) into very small pieces. If using the Vitamix or blender float in water then chop. 

Drain in a colander, pat dry until minimal moisture is left. 

Add all ingredients to a large bowl and combine. 

Shape 3-4 inch diameter patties.

Lightly spray pre-heated pan with oil. 

Cook patties until brown, flipping to cook both sides.

Optional: Toast buns (cut in half) in another pre-heated pan sprayed lightly with oil. 

Place sliced gouta cheese on bottom bun, top with zucchini patty, romaine, and dill yogart dip. Top and enjoy!! 



Next Day Lunch Leftovers












----
xo,
CLL
----

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...