Wednesday, May 29, 2013

DIY Sunday Mask

Lately I have been into DIY skincare trying the all natural 'make-your-own' remedies. My skin has been breaking out in some nasty blemishes recently. When I was in my teens I never had a huge acne problem so I thought I was in luck! But, now in my late 20's (crying!!) things have changed. My skin is oily in the T-zone. When I say oily if I am not careful with what I use my face becomes a slip-n-slide by mid-morning. YUCK! My eyes, around my lips, and neck can get very dry! When that happens it seems like no kind of moisturizer works. High or low price except this amazing Chanel sample I received. But lets be real I can not afford the $340 price tag! I did however find this two weeks ago and fell in love. Much better on the bank account at $23. (More about it in a future post.) Anyways lets get back to this mask.   

For the past month or two I have been having 'Mask Sunday'. At first I was doing a plain Aztec clay mix but the past few sundays I have been adding some activated charcoal. So far I have not had any problems with extra breakouts or bad reactions. I am not exactly sure how I feel about the results. Nothing magical like we all hope happens. :-( My skin does however feel soft and clean when I wash it off. I think the trick is to use the right products after to help prevent gunk and dirt from getting back in. And also to help close the pores. You have to be very diligent with skincare as well or it just reverts back. This mask can be very drying so defiantly need to moisturize well after.

Lets get started! 

Use a glass or silicone small bowl. First open a capsule of activated charcoal. I used this one. Be careful, this can be VERY messy.  



If doing only a single mask use 1/2 tsp. (two masks at once use 1 tsp.)
Add 1/2 tsp Aztec clay.





Add equal amounts of Bragg apple cider vinegar. Either 1/2 or 1 tsp depending on the about of clay used.




Once the cider hits the clay it will start to bubble and react. 




Mix together with something plastic or wood. I like to use chopsticks. 




This batch came out a little thick so I just added a bit more cider. Mix until you have a nice consistency. Not to thick, not to watery. (Normally my charcoal is in a jar and I just pour some out. But I am visiting my family so I packed the capsules for easy travel.) 




Apply to face with either fingers or brush. I used a old foundation brush. You can also find mask brushes for cheep. Warning: It will be very messy if you use your fingers! 



You will feel your face pulsate and become tight. If it is to much then wash off early. Leave on until dry. About 15 min +/- depending how thick it is.



Rinse off and done! (Your skin may be a little red after but that is normal with this clay and will go away with in 30 min. Mine goes away after I moisturizer.)


I use the following products after my mask.


1st sweep on a Neutrogena treatment pad. 



Next, apply Glow by Dr. Brandt revitalizing retinol eye cream. (Just starting using this in the past two weeks and like.)






3rd I apply DDF Glycolic 10% Exfoliating Oil Control Gel (LOVE this!!)





Lastly moisturize with grape seed oil. I have been using this at night for the past few weeks. I have been on the hunt for a good night moisturizer but have not found one I want to spend the money on and take the risk. I was using Clinique Moisture Surge Intense. I liked it but I guess not enough to buy it again. I want something with anti-againg properties. I have tried so so so many I am kind of just numb on having hopes of finding one. So if you have something you like PLEASE let me know! ;-)





Hope you enjoyed this and maybe try it. 

----
XO
CLL
----
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...